Meditation Teacher Training
Train as a Meditation Teacher
Course suitable for: anyone who would like to run meditation classes, also useful for therapists and other health professionals who would like to run similar classes (e.g. relaxation) since the course focuses primarily on the practicalities of designing, organising and presenting the class and not on meditation itself.
Level: skills and knowledge development, CPD,
There is a large body of evidence to show that regular use of meditation and relaxation techniques help to reduce stress and anxiety and promote a good work/life balance.
This course concentrates on the practicalities and logistics of running meditation classes; presentation skills, dealing with challenging class members, suitable class themes, planning classes and courses, advertising and so on. This means it is useful to you whether your approach to mediation is secular or spiritual. It also means you have skills which can be generalised to running other types of group.The course is made up of
- Pre-course reading and preparation
- A one day seminar/workshop for which proof of attendance is issued to support your CPD records
- Submission of a case study (based on running a meditation class of at least one hour with at least four people) within 12 months, after which the qualification is issued.
It enables you to
- be aware of the history and traditions of meditation
- have an understanding of how meditation can be used for stress reduction, relaxation and personal development
- be able to plan, organise and market meditation classes
- be aware of wider considerations such as insurance, ethics, health and safety
- be aware of a variety of secular or non-denominational meditative techniques
- know a variety of subjects which can be used for focused meditation classes
- be able to handle class dynamics and motivate students
Feedback on this course
I enjoyed the course. Learned a lot from it and the information provided, for me, was good. You always provide a lot of information and lots of positive 'can do' statements (if that makes sense). I also know that I can always contact you if unsure about anything, which for me, is a really big benefit. K Richards.
This course is accredited by the ACCPH and registered by the CMA (Complementary Medical Association).
Author/Tutor: Debbie Waller
If you would like the course run near you and have at least four people willing to attend, we can arrange this. Please contact us for more information.
Date: 2018, to be confirmed.
Venue: Beal, DN14 0SQ. Don't let the Doncaster postcode mislead you - we are between Pontefract and Selby, easily accessible via the A1, M62 and M1. We run a free shuttle from the nearest train station (Knottingley) and may be able to collect from other local stations too. Please enquire.
Price: including comprehensive notes, drinks, a buffet lunch and ongoing phone/email support.
Early bird price (booked and paid for at least five weeks in advance) £115
Standard Price (booked and paid for less than five weeks from course) £145
Booking: please subscribe to our newsletter to be sent details of the next event as soon as they are released.
We regret we are unable to offer refunds for anyone cancelling less than 14 days before a workshop type course, unless your place is filled. We will offer a credit note for the full amount, redeemable against any of our other courses, and valid for 12 months.
Tutor: Debbie Waller
Any questions? Ring Debbie on 01977 678593